Perfect! You subscribed to newsletter.
Secate six-bottle box
Categoría: Tinto (100% grape 2,018)
Denominación of Origin: Ribera del Duero
Qualifyingón of the Harvest: Very Good (11 March 2019)(C.R.D.O.)
Varieties: 100% Tempranillo Ink (26 años) (trellis)
Viñedos: Payment of the terrañuela (alluvial with strip Valdecobos with Calcáreos (orientationón norte).
Climatología: A winter, clásico in Ribera, with some #250;n degree less than usual, reaching -12 degrees some of the días. Snows and rains as if there were no mañana, until #225 late in the summer (June). On 18 May there was an frost that affected part of the viñedo of Castrillo, but the delay of the vine, was sensational for the recovery #243;n and the new shoots (only lostó 20%). The slide was almost punctual in late April, slowly because of the temperature. In June the rains gave way to the sun. End of spring and hot summer (relaxed July with less temperature than usual), without rains, #243 acceleration of the process, sun and water stored in subsoil. The winter occurred from 4 to 12 August, according to ún plots. August and September sun and great jumps térmicos díat night from 27-33ª at 9-12º night, for the excellent ripening #243 of the grapes. Favorable the month of October maintaining daytime temperature causing a slow and constant maturationó, long as usual in good harvests. September-October they became a regulator in the evolution of the grape #243s. The grape tasting, we started at the end of September, gave us a nugget with brown hues, a grape that peels well from the cluster and the cluster of vines, ripe pulp, homogénea, already tinted on the sides by a tannin and anthotian that come off with some ease. Grape reduced in volume (this año a little más large) In the mouth sweet, good acidity and with little or no astringency. Quality and health of the grapes, in this winery, Very Good.
At the end of October (from 10 to 16), manually and selected in the vine by harvesters, all, of the family. The harvest is carried out in #243 boxes of plástic of 12 and 20 kg stackable for transport. Harvest by plots seeking optimal maturity and selectionón on a plot (first Selección).
Selección before destemming and on a seleccióa posteriori table. Founded the must delaying 4-6 días fermentation #243 (maceración), very good loose of the dye. Backed up, three times, daily with the old manual bazookas to the hat for the máxima extracción of dye matter. The duration #243;n fermentation #243;n Alcohólica was 11 días being controlled between 26 and 31 degrees of temperature. Extracciónuggets up to 18% in delestages. Just yolk must. A natural fermentation #243;n Maloláctica. Clarificationón with albumin. Decanted by winter rigor. Not filtered. You can decant
• Bottled: a últ de Julio (after spending más 9 months in American barrels (50%) French (50%) On the Nose: Carácter vínico very intense with well integrated alcohol. Balance between sweet touches, minerals and black fruit (blackberry, plum). He settles into it forcefully, but with subtlety, caramel, cinnamon and vanilla and algún balsámico, spiced.
• In Boca: Fruit attack, blackish tones, and black plum, sweetness with the emblem of the printed barrel, enveloping, intense in the middle mouth, without spikes (good balance between alcohol, acidity and tannin, high quality and very soft).
• Color: Well dressed, with an abundance of color, clean, bright (good acidity, better than others años) with details añiles, pronounced, in meniscus. High layer, good colorón Rubí (intense), quizás excessive for Selected Vintage. you can see a certain evolutionón in barrels.
• On the nose: Carácter vínico very intense, but without snouts. Balance between touches of black fruit (blackberry, plum) and red (currant, cherry), with some spices (white and black). Fresh memories, this año más atlántics, light, from the vegetable world and consistency of nut Moscada, oak, cinnamon and vanilla and cocoa, well integrated (new or semi new barrels) quizás some caramel for the toasting of the barrel.
• In Boca: Dry attack, the shades of blackberry, and black plum, some black and red currant (in the mouth), turns the cherry, quizás a soft tannin and a little less body than in años previous, not forgetting the fruit, enveloping, intense in the middle mouth, integrated alcohólico well compensated with tannin (somewhat drying by youth and naturalness typical of this red grape) and the first and second barrels año.
• Keeps fruity memories long time , requesting another cup.
• Given its texture we believe it will keep its qualities for an año. Its best stage 2.019-2025 (at my point of view the “point álgido” November 2019).
• Serve in the environment of 15º to 18º degrees.
• Keep out of reach of the sun and at a temperature close to 20º. The bottle lying or face down.
Analítica: Alcohólico Grade: 13.73 % Vol.
Total Acidity (TH+): 4.57 g/l Acidity volátil: 0.50 g/l
Azúcar Reducer: 1.90 g/l Density: 0.991
Combinations: Smoked salmón, Ox Carpaccio, Galician Octopus, Sepia with aioli, Sirloin with cheese, Game meats.
Date of tasting May 21, 2019
Catadores: Gabriel García Agudo (Asoc. Bemmeliers Aranda and Ribera)